Grace period error in Tempo Server

Esther Strom July 13, 2017

One of our users has suddenly started getting an error when trying to add grace periods to users in Tempo (server). Her access has not changed, and another user with the same access is not getting the error. It persists across sessions, and occurs in multiple browsers. 

When she clicks on the cog next to a user to add a grace period, the popup opens, but doesn't display the user's name, and the error is there.

Here's what a working account displays:

goodTempo.png

This is what the non-working account displays (in spite of the error referencing saving, this occurs when the dialog is opened, not when you click the Add Grace Period button to save changes.)

badTempo.PNG

Any ideas? I'm at a loss. 

2 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

Hi, 

this is a known but in Tempo Timesheets 8.1.1 and a fix for this was released in Tempo Timesheets 8.1.2 (see also https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/spaces/TT/pages/226492441/Tempo+Timesheets+8.1.2+Release+Notes)

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo Team

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

Reindexing the system doesnt help? 

Do you get any errors in the logs when this occurs? 

Have you verified the user is exactly the same as the other (Workload scheme, team , permissions etc) ? 

My last tick is to uninstall and reinstall the addon when i run into issues i cant explain. 

Esther Strom July 17, 2017

The user's permissions are exactly the same as they were the day before this started happening, and exactly the same as the other user's. 

There are no errors that I can see in the logs.

Uninstalling Tempo is not an option.

I'll try reindexing.

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2017

Uninstalling shouldnt impact your data at all since it resides in a Database; 

Esther Strom July 21, 2017

And you can guarantee that uninstalling the plugin doesn't also clear/delete the tables associated with the plugin? Because that's how it works for most add-ons.

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2017

I would touch base with Tempo first to verify since we dont use Grace Periods i cant give you a concrete confirmation. I know when we did it none of our Work Logs were lost when we reinstalled the addon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events