Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forge, our new cloud app development platform, is generally available!

Forge Hero Image.png

What is Forge?

Since the early days of Atlassian, our vision has been to unleash the potential of every team. Our ecosystem of developers helps us do that: their apps make our products more powerful and flexible to serve every customer need.

Now we’re making it easier to build and run enterprise-ready cloud apps that integrate with Atlassian products. We’re excited to announce the general availability of Forge, our cloud development platform. We’ve been hard at work since our beta announcement, collecting feedback from customers and partners, and are excited to share that Forge is ready for production use and supports free and paid app distribution on Marketplace.

What does Forge GA mean?

We’re cutting the beta ribbon ✂️🎀: the platform today is ready to support apps in production, on Marketplace. You’ll see us continue to bring features out of beta (see below), but this is the the next chapter for Forge, and we have many ahead to look forward to as we continue to build out the platform functionality.

In preparation for this milestone, we’ve taken a few critical steps to ensure you can rely on Forge as you build your next cloud apps. That includes:

• Forge now meets the high reliability and security standards kept by Atlassian products and services.

• Our customer and developer support teams are ready to handle Forge-related queries.

• We’ve completed a comprehensive third-party security penetration test.

• We’ve defined escalation paths for our teams, including incident management.

There’s a lot more to explore in our recent releases - you can read about all of these in our changelog and docs - but we want to invite you to take Forge for a spin and see what you can accomplish with it.

I’m a partner, what should I do next?

If you haven’t already, try using Forge to build solutions for customer problems. You can build integrations with other SaaS tools, collaboration and workflow improvements, compliance support, and much more. Get started with our developer documentation and guides.

If you have build a Forge app, you can now submit it for publication to our app Marketplace. Learn more about listing your Forge app on Marketplace, and how to submit a Forge app for approval in the program.

I’m a customer, what should I do next?

Try using Forge to better integrate your SaaS tools, improve your collaboration, workflows, or general day to day. We recommend getting started with our developer documentation and guides.

How do I get help or ask questions?

The Forge product team and Developer Experience team are ready to help answer questions in our Developer community - find us in the Forge categoryIf you have questions or feedback, find us on the Developer Community.

3 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

This is fantastic! Thank you for the announcement @Joel Kalmanowicz!  Also, thank you to all of the team for your hard work on this.  I was tinkering during the beta and I've started writing some actual forge apps for my company.  I can't wait to see how things continue!

Like # people like this
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

Great news ! Thank you. 

GATOTO March 11, 2021

Merci je suis content

Like Dave Liao likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events