cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request X-Priority header support

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2020

Hello team,

First of all, thank you for your powerfull add-on.
We are started to use actively send via Email functionality with adjusted TO:, CC:, BCC:. That's great feature for optimizing notifications.

At the moment, I am trying to find out a small additional feature around mail priority headers like Priority, X-Priority, or X-MSMail-Priority.
Does it feasible to deliver feature as mapping Jira priority scheme and priority headers for emails.
As first step, I think it will be enough to have X-Priority header mapping with next ones values:
- 'X-Priority: 1 (highest)'
- 'X-Priority: 2 (high)'
- 'X-Priority: 3 (normal)'
- 'X-Priority: 4 (low)'
- 'X-Priority: 5 (lowest)'
Because that header is processing with Office365, G-Suite, Yandex and Yahoo as I see.
As backup header it can be Importance header with next Values:
'Importance: High'
'Importance: Normal'
'Importance: Low'

What do you think about that feature request?
Also, I will be happy to be beta-tester of that functionality.

P.S. References:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/exchange_server_protocols/ms-oxcmail/2bb19f1b-b35e-4966-b1cb-1afd044e83ab

Have a good day!

Cheers,
Gonchik Tsymzhitov

1 comment

Comment

Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2020

Hi Gonchik!

You can already implement X-Priority Email header in the latest version of Raley Emails Notifications. There's a custom function $jirassimo.emailPriority($value) which will set X-Priority header value to whatever is passed in.

As you're looking for dynamic email priority value depending on the priority of the ticket, you can add something like that to your template:

#if ($issue.fields.priority.name == "highest") 

$jirassimo.emailPriority("1")

#elseif ($issue.fields.priority.name == "high")

$jirassimo.emailPriority("2")

#else 

$jirassimo.emailPriority("5")

#end

Cheers,

Vladimir | RaleyApps

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2020

Hi @Vladimir Horev _Raley_ ,

Thank you that's wonderful, because I am interested to the depending template. 

Cheers,

Gonchik

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events