Extension for JSM - my favorite app, when it comes to JSM

Intro

As an Atlassian Consultant I implement Jira Service Management very often. Even though each customer has different requirements and needs, some of them are repeating. Two of these repeating requirements is possible to fulfill using the application called Extension for Jira Service Management.

Dynamic forms for request types

Sometimes you don't want your portal users to fill in all the available fields in the requests. You want some of them to show only under some conditions.

Let's assume you want to know, whether your customers there are satisfied with your services. If not, you want them to provide you some detail what's wrong. So, the field for the details should be visible only if the customer is not satisfied. If they are happy with your services, the field should be hidden.

yes.pngno.png

This way the forms become shorter and more accurate. The application can handle different situations and combinations of field values.

Display additional data on the request's detail

Want to show your customers who is working on their issue? Or how you are doing according to the SLAs? No problem :-).

detail.png

My history with this application

I've discovered the server version of this application with my first customer a few years ago. I've implemented the cloud version six months ago for the first time. I know there are various limitations in the cloud, so it was a pleasant surprise the key features are still there and I can use them :-).

2 comments

Comment

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 26, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová ,

I'm the product owner of this app. Thank you for choosing our app during the Olympic Games. It's a great honor! Together with the entire team, we're very happy that you find our product useful.
As you mentioned, the cloud version is not 100% identical to the server version. First of all, a huge technical limitation for us is the lack of possibility to introduce the Visibility feature in the cloud version. It allows you to dynamically hide and show request types, fields, or their options. I hope Atlassian will give us the opportunity to introduce this feature soon!

Thank you very much for this article once again. I feel like a winner in this Olympics :) 

Best regards,

Katarzyna

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2021

Hi @Katarzyna ,

thank you. Hopefully you will be able to extend the cloud version in the future more.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events