Exporting Test Case Results (With Requirement Covered) to Excel from Zephyr

Deleted user July 6, 2016

Hi,

We have JIRA and Zephyr installed on our servers here. We have created requirements using a customized issue type in JIRA and test cases using the Zephyr test issue type. We have then created a traceability link to link the test case issue type with the requirement issue type it is covering (as part of requirements traceability).

We now want to export test cases results with the requirements the test cases are covering to excel.

Does anyone know how to do this? I know you can go to Search Test Executions in the Zephyr menu and export test case results but you cannot select the linked requirement issue type the test case is covering in the columns that are displayed. Please see below

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2016

Hello @Cam McDonald,

Please check out Traceability feature if that helps. By traceability export you will get the requirements linked to the Test along with the execution results. Here you may not be able to view all other fields. 

Regards,

Zephyr Support

francois vlerick December 4, 2017

hi

I've tried this feature, that seems to be cool. 

but, how can I define requirements on the zephyr for Jira cloud version? 

I just can't see anything looking like a requirement... 

Thanks a lot, 

Francois

Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2017

Hi @francois vlerick

You can use any other issue type as the requirement other than test.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-editing-and-deleting-an-issue-type-844500747.html

Best Regards,

Bibek

francois vlerick December 4, 2017

HI Bibek and thank you for your answer.

I know how to create an issue type :)

I'd like to use my Epics as requirements. My tests have an epic link, but no field is called "requirement" on tests (on zephyr for Jira Cloud edition).

where is the "requirement" link on my tests?

thnaks a lot,

Francois

Simon Madsen December 19, 2017

I would like to second Francois's comment above. I can't find documentation on how to map Test issues to Requirement issues in Jira cloud. The below link simply states that they need to be linked in order for traceability reports to work, but it does not state how. https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZFJ0300/pages/31653916/Traceability

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2017

You can create and any custom Excel report for Zephyr with the Better Excel Plugin:

In overall, you should create a custom Excel report template and then get this report with one click.

jira-zephyr-test-steps

Hitesh.Jamb@apa.com.au September 14, 2018

Is this available for JIRA cloud version?

francois vlerick September 14, 2018

unfortunatly, it seems not at the moment :(

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2018

Not yet, but it is a matter of time.

Please vote to  this topic and subscribe to stay updated about our progress.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events