Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email This Issue vs. Notification Assistant

James H February 16, 2018

Hi all,

I need better email notifications than JSD natively offers.  Not least because I want to get rid of those compulsory branded email footer that Atlassian forces on you.

It looks like there are two products in the Marketplace that address this need - Email This Issue and Notification Assistant.

Has anyone tried both and have any opinion on which is better?  Or has implemented one of the two and have any experience to share?

TIA

2 comments

Comment

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2018

Hi,

I'm from META-INF, Vendor of Email This Issue. The biggest difference is that Email This Issue includes a complete email solution while Notification Assistants being a nice product, allows you to send beautiful emails upon events.

With Email This Issue however you can send emails manually, upon events, or from workflow transitions and you can also process incoming emails in sophisticated ways.

So a complete bi-directional solution.

Here is a tutorial that may help understand all concepts: https://metainf.atlassian.net/wiki/x/rO8vB

Regards,

Tibor

James H March 16, 2018

Hi Tibor thanks for getting back to me about this.  It looks interesting but I have a question - is it possible to get rid of the Email button that appears on the issue view screen?  I would like a tool that can help with better automated/event driven emails, but don't want users to be manually sending additional emails.

Also, looking at your website, it seems support is not included in the product license cost and is additional?  Could you clarify that please?  As there's no mention of that in the Marketplace listing.

Thanks

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2018

Hi,

Just open the Configuration tab in the add-on administration and find the Permissions section.

Here you can set groups or roles to control access to the button.

Regards,

Tibor

James H March 21, 2018

Hi Tibor thanks for your reply, that was easy!

Question about how ETI interacts with native Jira email notifications - does configuring ETI completely turn off all native Jira notifications, or only those it overrides the event handler for, or do the Jira email event handlers need to be manually turned off? 

I'm having a situation where I'm getting a notification 3+ times, although ETI log only shows it sending one email.  All 3 email messages are exactly the same and use the ETI template I created, but I'm wondering if its somehow getting fired by the native alerts as well but using the ETI template.  Is that possible?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events