EazyBI - Tempo timesheet status "Ready To Submit"

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2023

Hi,

We have created an EazyBI report that displays the "Spent Hours", grouped by the status of the Tempo timesheet.

This seems to work, and the report displays the correct hours for the following timesheet statusses:

• Open
  • Waiting for Approval
  • Approved

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 10.31.46.png

However, we are missing some hours that are in timesheets with status "Ready to submit". These missing hours however are included in the "All Timesheet Statuses" measure.

I can't figure out how to display the hours in status "Ready To Submit".

Best regards,

Kris

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter

eazyBI imports Tempo timesheet approval status once the worklogs are submitted for approval. The worklogs with "Ready To Submit" status are not yet submitted, which is why eazyBI doesn't assign the status to them.

The "All Timesheet Statuses" member will include all worklogs, including ones with "Ready to submit" status and outside the timeframe defined for approval import in the eazyBI import options. Please see more details about the dimension here - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira-apps/tempo#Tempo-Dimensionsforworklogsandcustomfields.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.
Best,

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2023

Hi @Roberts Čāčus ,

Thank you for your feedback.

The status "Open" comes before the status "Ready to Submit". Timesheets in status "Open" are also not yet submitted. So I wonder why the hours in status "Open" are displayed correctly, and "Ready to submit" are not. 

BR,

Kris

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter

As far as I can determine, the worklogs in the "Open" approval status will be registered only when the worklog was submitted and then rejected. Can you verify that for the 32.70 hours from your example?

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2023

Hi @Roberts Čāčus ,

The timesheet with the 32h was first approved, and then put back to "Ready To Submit". These hour's are displayed in the "Open" column in EazyBI.

The 8,5 missing hours are in a timesheet that was never submitted in the first place.

So I think what you are saying might make sense, but it looks like the statuses in EazyBI don't match the timesheet statuses in Tempo.

Best regards,

Kris

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter

You are right about eazyBI inconsistently displaying the Timesheet status for worklogs in "Ready To Submit" status after the approval is rejected. I will bring this to the attention of our developers.

Best,

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2023

Hi @Roberts Čāčus ,

Thank you.

Do you know what would be the best way to visualise the missing hours in my report ?

I was hoping to be able to create some kind of measure that could display the missing hours ?

All Timesheet statuses - Approved  - Open - Waiting for Approval = Missing hours

Best regards,

Kris

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter 

We plan to update the Timesheet Status dimension with a "(unknown)" member. This has already been deployed in the Cloud, but for the Server and Datacenter, you will have to wait for a new feature version.

In the meantime, you can define a new calculated measure in Measures. The formula could look similar to the one below:

([Measures].[Hours spent],
[Timesheet Status].DefaultMember)
-
Sum(
{
[Timesheet Status].[Approved],
[Timesheet Status].[Open],
[Timesheet Status].[Waiting for Approval]
},
[Measures].[Hours spent]
)

Please look at the eazyBI documentation page for more information on defining calculated measures - ​https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members.

Best,

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2023

Hi @Roberts Čāčus ,

I'm looking forward to the new version.

In the meantime, I created the calculated measure as suggested and it returns the results I need.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Best regards,

Kris

Like Roberts Čāčus likes this
0 votes
Zane eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2024

Hi @Kris Dewachter

We have released eazyBI version 7.1 recently. We have introduced the new Timesheet Status (unknown) to group worklogs without any status and worklogs older than a selected historical limit for data import (https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira-apps/tempo).

Best,

Zane / suppot@eazyBI.com

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2024

Hi @Zane eazyBI Support ,

Thank you for the notification.

Best regards,

Kris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events