EazyBI - How can I get total count of spesific statuses historically

Baris Gulmez December 29, 2016

Hi,

I would like to get historical status changes like : https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/History+of+issue+statuses

But the problem is, I would like to get total count of some spesific statuses. For example If I have 5 New, and 3 In Progress issues on 25th of Dec. I would like to see "8" under "Open And Inprogress Issues" title for 25th of Dec.

I think this is possible via custom fields but I could not figure out how to implement.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2016

Hi Baris!

Peter was right about calculated member in status dimension, only, for historical reports, you should use Transition Status dimensions instead of Status dimension: please read here https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Import+issue+change+history.

To calculate any metric for Completed statuses, you should create a measure in Measure dimension, for example, "Issues in transition status in previous period"

([Measures].[Issues history],
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.PrevMember)

This measure would calculate a number of issues in selected transition status (for example, Completed statuses) at the end of previous time period.

To get a difference between a number of issues in this and previous period, create another metric "Difference" (in Measure dimension):

[Measures].[Issues history] - [Measures].[Issues in transition status in previous period]

Now select measures "Issues history",  "Issues in transition status in previous period" and "Difference" from Measures in columns, and "Completed issues" from Transition Status (you can select in Pages as well"). 

If you need further assistance with the report, please, contact eazyBI support: support@eazybi.com

Ilze, eazyBI Customer Support Consultant

2 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2016

Hi Baris,

Under the Statusdimensionyou should select Calculated members and add a new member. 

The name would be [Status].[Open And In progress Issues] and the content will be 

Aggregate ({
[Status].[New],
[Status].[In Progress]
})

Pick that calculated member after you create it and you should be OK. 

0 votes
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2017

Hi Baris,

In that case, you should define this new calculated member in "Measures" dimension using code that Ilze provided:

([Measures].[Issues history],
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.PrevMember)

attached example.jpg

Please contact support@eazybi.com if you have further questions regarding this!

Kind regards,

Martins Vanags / support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Baris Gulmez December 29, 2016

Thank you for your answer.

Here is another related problem. I need to get historical status trend of the issues. I have defined two new calculated columns as Open Issues and Completed Issues just like you suggested above. After that, I selected Issues History and these custom fields with Time dimension like below.

Now, I have to show change on Completed Issues count for each month. When I apply that formula: ([Status].[Completed Issues], [Time].CurrentMember.PrevMember) the results are not relevant apparently. I would expect to see previous month's value for the current month. But result looks like the second image below. For example, I expect 374 for Jul 2015 not 287 as below.

Is there any problem with historical calculations?

3.jpg29.12.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events