EazyBI Filter out a reporter from Calculated Member in Transition Status

Matthew C. Youell April 5, 2018

I would like to filter out 1 name by creating a Calculated Member in Transaction Status.  Say the reporter name is 'Bob' and 'Bob' has filed 500 JIRAs which puts all the other reporters in the noise.  I'd like to filter 'Bob' out so that I can see how many items other reporters have filed.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Zane eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2018

Hi,
There are two options.

1) If you do not want to analyze issues reported by 'Bob' at all, you may filter out those issues from the eazyBI data cube.
In eazyBI import options, you may writer JQL filter to import only those issues which are not reported by 'Bob' (see picture below).
eazyBI_JQL.jpg

Note, in this case, all issues reported by 'Bob' won't be imported in eazyBI at all.

2) If you do not want to see issue reported by Bob only in a particular report, you may 
In Reporter dimension, you may define a calculated member which aggregates all reporters except 'Bob', and use this calculated member in your report.
A formula for a calculated member may look like this:

Aggregate(
  Except(
    [Reporter].[User].Members,
    -- set of exceptions
    { [Reporter].[Bob] }
))

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Matthew C. Youell April 12, 2018

Zane, thanks for the comprehensive response.  Both options worked.  That was a big help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events