Does this Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA can sync also confluence?

Pau Cruz Angón
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2017

Hi,

I am analyzing the possibilities of using this addon. However, I was wondering if it also applies to confluence or it is just Jira Issues.

I mean, we can manage the issues in Jira, but we also use confluence for documentation. The general issue that we have with our partner is that we have a restricted environment (it needs vpn and some legal issues).

So, I was wondering if the addon permits both, a secure connection, and if it has something specific to handle comfluence.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Pau

1 answer

1 vote
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2017

Hi Pau,

Interesting question, we (here at K15t Software, the makers of Backbone Issue Sync for Jira) actually had some internal discussions about this, but don't have anything in the pipeline at the moment.

What you could try out (if your instances can communicate via an application link), is to use Scroll Versions in combination with the Scroll Remote Publishing Endpoint.

The combination of those two apps allow you to author your content in one instance and then publish the content to another remote instance (see Publish to a remote Confluence instance) to make it available to your external partner.

Difference to Backbone, where the sync is done automatically based on a set interval, you'd need to re-publish to the remote instance manually (or semi-automated using REST), if changes are done on the internal instance.

Both Scroll Versions and Scroll Remote Publishing are available in the Atlassian Marketplace and can be tested for free using an evaluation license.

Hope that helps, please let us know if you have any additional questions (either here, or via support@k15t.com). We'll be happy to help.

Cheers,
Nils

Pau Cruz Angón
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 26, 2017

Nils,

Thanks, we will look into it.

Regards

pau

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events