Display fields in a Bar Chart from ConfiForm Definition Fields (Multi-Select Field)

Gian Franco Morassutti July 18, 2022

Hello,

I am using ConfiForm Definition fields to create a form and then have a dashboard to display the data captured on the form. For some fields, I chose the Multi-Select Field Type as some users will require to select more than one option. In my dashboard, which reflects the entries from my form, I have a bar chart that uses this previously mentioned field as the Y-axis (labels column). Since users are able to select more than one option, the options are reflected on my bar chart as they were entered. For example, if a user used my form and they selected, apple and orange. My bar chart will display apple and orange as 1 instead of separating them. 

Is there any way to separate them?  I would like the label columns in the Bar Chart to recognize that the same entry on the form I created using ConfiForm Definition Fields, has a multi-select field. In other words, I don't want the label columns on my Bar Chart to be AppleOrange. I hope this makes sense. Thank you so much for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2022

Hi

Are you using ConfiForms for cloud or server/data center?

There is a solution for Data center version to use the TableView Merger macro as a source for your chart macro and set it to "flatten entries"

Alex

Gian Franco Morassutti July 18, 2022

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for replying. I have the server/data center. Should I add the ConfiForm tableview merger to the bar chart or to my set of entries?

Thanks

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2022

Hi

ConfiForms TableView Merger macro allows you to "flatten entries" (parameter in the macro)

Which means you can transform your source to be flattened (multi-select fields are transformed to new records)

Alex

Like Gian Franco Morassutti likes this
Catrina Meyers July 28, 2022

Hi Alex, Is there a way to "flatten entries" in Confiforms for Confluence Cloud?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2022

Hi

There is no TableView Merger macro in ConfiForms cloud, due to missing support by Atlassian for nesting bodied macros and therefore the "flattening" is not supported either

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events