Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Differences between Jira standard and premium one

Hi, 

I tried to find a way to talk with someone from Jira but I didn't find. I work in a company where we would like to start testing Jira. Our idea is to try first with a small team (~12 members) and I have some doubts if Standard can make what we need or only Premium version. Some are:

- Does the standard version allow integration with another softwares? Like Front and LinearB? I know that Jira does, but I'm not sure if this integration can only be made in a larger plan.

- In the standard version, can I get some essentials metrics? Like Cycle time, lead time and so on?

- Do I have to buy Jira and Confluence apart? Or is there some a way to find the pricing for Standard + Confluence together?

Thanks!

1 answer

Atlassian has posted a pretty good comparison of features of the Cloud tiers. It's a little outdated, but should be good enough to help you make a decision.  All of the tiers allow for external integrations.  I wouldn't expect you to notice any differences if you are connecting external services via the REST API.  Premium has features that are not available on Standard, such as Insight, Forms, Team Calendars, etc.  Automation is severely limited n Standard, so if you plan to use that feature, Premium is probably a better choice. There are other small feature differences between the tiers, but my guess is that either will have the features you need unless you need the things I mentioned. All of the Cloud products are sold as individual subscriptions, so you can mix & match them as you like.  

It is easy to increase your subscription, so you might do best to choose Standard, start using the product and then decide if you need more. This is especially true if you plan to pay month by month. It's also easy to increase your user tier as you add more users.  I hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events