Description template does not work anymore

Rene Abuella July 26, 2021

Hey..

In my "old" Jira I was using this template here for the description

{panel:title=Definition of Ready|borderStyle=solid|borderColor=#cccccc|titleBGColor=#f7d6c1|bgColor=#fffffe}
(-) Acceptance criteria are available
(-) The use case is described
(-) An estimate is available
(-) There is a common understanding of the story
(-) The value of the story is known
{panel}
{panel:title=Story|borderStyle=dashed|borderColor=#cccccc|titleBGColor=#84d471|bgColor=#f4f1ee}
h2. As a ... I want to ... so that ...
{panel}
{panel:title=Description|borderStyle=dashed|borderColor=#cccccc|titleBGColor=#cbcac9|bgColor=#f4f1ee}
(i) Describes background for this story, have some more business or technical insides. If there are any helpful information relevant for this story can be shared also here.
{panel}
{panel:title=Scope|borderStyle=dashed|borderColor=#cccccc|titleBGColor=#cbcac9|bgColor=#f4f1ee}
*Scope:* Describes what has to be done and is expected as a result of the story
* Text
* Text
* Text

*Historization:* If changes affects data historization or they have to be exposed 

*Hint:* Provides with hints for implementation

*Out of scope:* Describes what is not part of the story  if such a factor is know and has an impact in implementation
* Text

*Open Points:* Open topics to clarify, questions to specific teams/people
* Example
* Example

*Stakeholder for clarifications and approval:* 

@stakeholder
{panel}
{panel:title=Dependencies|borderStyle=dashed|borderColor=#cccccc|titleBGColor=#cbcac9|bgColor=#f4f1ee}
(-) text
(-) text
(-) text
{panel}
{panel:title=Testing|borderStyle=dashed|borderColor=#cccccc|titleBGColor=#cbcac9|bgColor=#f4f1ee}
(+) Are there ideas concerning testing approach? If so you should state them here
{panel}
{panel:title=Definition of Done|borderStyle=solid|borderColor=#cccccc|titleBGColor=#f7d6c1|bgColor=#fffffe}
(-) The acceptance criteria are fulfilled
(-) Quality Gate of Codacy is passed through
(-) The documentation is created or adapted
(-) The source code is Developed
(-) PR on Develop accepted, merged and deployed
{panel}

In my "current" Jira copying this into the description does not work anymore. It just remains text.

Any ieas?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

@Rene Abuella Welcome to the Atlassian Community

I believe you will need to update your template to the new markdown to get it to work.  Looks like what you shared is old and my guess is that the new editor does not recognize it.  You can find the latest markdown here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/markdown-and-keyboard-shortcuts/

Rene Abuella August 5, 2021

Thanks Brant,

I also got feedback from Jira Support that in the new Jira version does not work anymore. 

"

Please note that Markup is not supported in the new issue view. We do have Feature requests to support Markup and support HTML links:

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

Great information thanks for posting so others can see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events