Creating issue in post function depending on summary of linked issue

Franzi Joseph December 2, 2021

Hi all,

my request is the following:

I want to create a new issue within a post funtion and set a condition depending on the already existing linked issues to the current issue. Means, the transition should check, if a linked issue with a certain summary already existis and if yes, then the issue should not be created within the post function. If it doens't exist, the issue should be created. 

We are using JMWE Plugin for creating issues within a post function.

Hope, someone can help me.

BR
Franzi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

Hi @Franzi Joseph 

you can use something like this as the Conditional Execution script:

!issue.getLinkedIssues().any{it.summary == "A summary"}
Franzi Joseph December 3, 2021

Hello,

thank you but it seem like this doesn't work properly as it always returns "true" even if I enter something senseless

2021-12-03 10_30_10-Update Workflow Transition Create _ Clone issue(s) (JMWE app) Function - Brodos .png

BR
Franzi

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

@Franzi Joseph ,

that's kind of normal: you want the post function to run unless there is a linked issue that has the specified Summary, so unless the issue has a linked issue with "tgtihertzh" as its summary, the code will return true.

Don't forget that the post function will run unless the Conditional Execution script returns false (true means continue running, false means "skip")

Franzi Joseph December 5, 2021

Oooh ok, so I need the complete name of the summary, not only a part of like "summary contains"... But in this case, this is hard because the summary differs from issue to issue depending on a certain custom field content. Can I also enter the custom field variable in this script like 

!issue.getLinkedIssues().any{it.summary == "SEO package - "custom field xxx""}

Or is there a wy to write the script in a way that doesn't ask for the specific whole summary but only a part if it? 

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2021

If you want to test for a substring of the summary, you can use this:

!issue.getLinkedIssues().any{it.summary.contains("A partial summary")}

And if you want to test against a summary built from other values:

!issue.getLinkedIssues().any{it.summary == "SEO package - ${it.getAsString("customfield_12345")}"}
Like Franzi Joseph likes this
Franzi Joseph December 6, 2021

thanks, this works perfectly now :)

0 votes
Raphael Henrique Fernandes Lopes December 2, 2021

Hello,

I advise you to contact JMWE support, they will always get back to you with a solution.

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events