Create tasks from Google Chrome in all Jira Projects

Creating tasks is a routine that cannot be avoided. I hope that ChatGPT will evolve so much in the near future that it will understand us at the level of impulse and create tasks from just one of our thoughts 🙂. But until that future comes, let's think in more realistic terms. 

Let's discuss the problem of creating tasks in browser tabs and consider possible optimization solutions.

2I5.gif

How to transform the content of web pages to Jira issue

Sometimes, when you're resourcing or looking for ideas, you want to immediately turn what you find into a Jira issue. You can surf between browser tabs and set a task directly in Jira. But in this process, getting lost and missing something important is easy.

We suggest you use a free extension for Chrome browser Issue Creator for Jira Cloud for such operations.

Note that Issue Creator for Jira Cloud supports creating issues in all projects: 

• Jira Software
  • Jira Work Management
  • Jira Service Management
  • Jira Product Discovery

Here's how it works.

First of all, install the extension from the Google Chrome Web Store.

Next, add your Jira site that you want to work in tandem with this extension. And that's it. 

Create a task. Click on the extension icon in the toolbar, and it is immediately ready. You can move the window wherever you want on the screen, so don't worry if it "covers" the area of the page you need. Copy what you need from the page, click Create, and the task is ready.

ТС2.png

If you want to take a screenshot, you don't need third-party applications with this extension. Select the desired area on the page, and the screenshot is immediately sent to the task.

ТС3.png

ТС4.png

It is also possible to organize the task without the usual copy-paste. Select the required text, right-click, and select the Add selected text to summary option from the menu.

ТС5.png

Takeaway

We are currently on the way to scaling the product. And very soon, there will be many more functionality and advanced features. The extension has a 30-day trial and a free limited version, and we will be glad to see each of you on the list of users. We invite you to "taste" the app and look forward to your feedback and suggestions.

6 comments

Comment

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Thanks for this article, @Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_  and...

giphy

Like • # people like this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2023

@Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_ It's stellar and I used it. I wrote a blog so that other people also can check it. https://monikarani.com/creating-jira-cloud-tasks-using-jira-compose-chrome-extension/

Like • Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_ likes this
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 1, 2023

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ,

Thank you so much :)

Like • Kristján Geir Mathiesen likes this
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 1, 2023

Hi @Monika Rani ,

This is very valuable to us. Thank you for your sincere feedback and blog post. You're incredible😊

Like • Monika Rani likes this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2023
Like • # people like this
Marketplace Partner
July 3, 2023

Hi @Monika Rani and @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ,

In this article, I've described some exciting updates for the Issue Creator for Jira Cloud.

I will be glad to hear your opinion. :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events