Copying Multi-Select input to another Multi-select field in the same form (Same option definitions)

Jasper March 25, 2021

Hi,

I have a Multi-Select field (field2) with 5 options, and another Multi-Select field (DataCategory) with the same 5 options. DataCategory field is hidden from my form users and used for filters. I need to copy user inputs from user-inputted field2 to DataCategory. Both are in the same form. 

I am facing difficulties copying my user inputs from field2 to DataCategory : I used 'Rules for Field Definition' macro, 
Condition: DataCategory:[empty]
Action to Execute: Set Value
Values to Set: DataCategory=[entry.field2.transform(id).join( OR DataCategory:)]

Is there something wrong with my syntax in Values to Set? Can anyone please help?

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Hi

Are you asking about how to set a multi-value with the values from another multi-value field?

It expects a comma separated list and you can get one from another (multi-value) field like this

DataCategory=[entry.field2.transform(id).asList]

Alex

Jasper March 28, 2021

This is great, Alex. Really helpful. I'll take note that multi-select expects a comma seperated list :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events