Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Copying Multi-Select input to another Multi-select field in the same form (Same option definitions)

Edited

Hi,

I have a Multi-Select field (field2) with 5 options, and another Multi-Select field (DataCategory) with the same 5 options. DataCategory field is hidden from my form users and used for filters. I need to copy user inputs from user-inputted field2 to DataCategory. Both are in the same form. 

I am facing difficulties copying my user inputs from field2 to DataCategory : I used 'Rules for Field Definition' macro, 
Condition: DataCategory:[empty]
Action to Execute: Set Value
Values to Set: DataCategory=[entry.field2.transform(id).join( OR DataCategory:)]

Is there something wrong with my syntax in Values to Set? Can anyone please help?

1 answer

Hi

Are you asking about how to set a multi-value with the values from another multi-value field?

It expects a comma separated list and you can get one from another (multi-value) field like this

DataCategory=[entry.field2.transform(id).asList]

Alex

This is great, Alex. Really helpful. I'll take note that multi-select expects a comma seperated list :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍂📹 Apptoberfest demo contest roundup: vote for your favorite demos!

Hi Community! The submissions are in (and listed below) for the 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 Demo Competition and it’s time for you to place your votes for the best: Analytics & reporting app demo ...

79 views 2 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you