Confluence new editor / links to other pages in public-facing pages of Instant Websites

Henri Seymour _Easy Agile_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2020

Updating our customer-facing docs, I'm looking to add links to docs pages that take users to other relevant pages (eg. "For more detail about this step, here's a whole page about it"). 

I'll need the links to go to www.docs.ourpublicdocs.com/the-specific-page/. However, the pages aren't always on that website yet due to a publishing delay. 

I understand there was a method in the old Confluence editor for linking to another Confluence page which would link IW pages to other IW pages (external to external) - without needing to manually add the public-facing URL (which may not exist yet) in when I create the link. 

In the new editor, the suggested links to other pages only insert the link to the internal Confluence so it doesn't work when IW publishes it. 

Is there a feature coming to the new editor which will help with this? 

Example screenshots:

Link to another docs page

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.01.52 am.png

The link that results, to the other internal Confluence page - which will be useless on the public docs site. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.02.38 am.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events