• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Cannot connect to jira bot in hangout chat? Edited

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate JIRA cloud with Hangout Chat using the JIRA bot, and it can't get it to connect although I'm following the instructions.

First:

@Jira

Screenshot from 2018-03-14 13-29-36.png

Then, in the conversation:

connect xyz.atlassian.net

or even

@Jiraconnect xyz.atlassian.net

But I get no reaction from the Bot...

Any idea?

4 comments

I found that after typing @Jira I had to click on the popup, or press enter, before typing the rest of the command. If I did not click the popup it would not workScreen Shot 2018-03-16 at 11.29.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-16 at 11.33.12 AM.png

I had issues with this today as well. Here's how I got it working in a new room:

1. Install this Jira add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/linovi-hangoutschat-bot/cloud/overview
  2. Wait 10-15 minutes
  3. Invite bot to room
  4. Follow @Ryan McLaughlin's instructions

To get it working in another room that my colleague created, I removed the Jira bot, waited about 15 minutes, re-added the bot, then followed @Ryan McLaughlin's instructions.

image.png

Hi, I get no link to click on. So I can't get the bot to work. Googling didn't help. Any clues?

Like Romaric Destremau likes this

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Do Not Lose your Customer’s Trust

Missing deadlines is one of the biggest problems every team lead wants to avoid when dealing with managed services. When the customer contracts your company to help with IT services it is expected th...

297 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you