Can you add a check list to tickets using automation?

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2022

Hello, 

I wonder if it is possible to add a template check list to a ticket based on a specific request type. 

Example: 

If we have new starters, I have a list of things we need to ensure we have in place everything they need. But we have to manually import the check list to the ticket. 

Sometimes that's a process which can be missed and I wonder if there is a way to automate this or add using the workflow?

Many thanks, 

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adaeze_Jude_HEROCODERS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2022

Hello @Mihir Ruparelia 

Thank you for your questions.

My name is Adaeze from HeroCoders. 

After reading your post, I am happy to tell you that our App(Issue Checklist Free or Issue Checklis PRO) can provide you with the feature you require.

First, you have the ability to create 6 different templates on the free App, and many more on the PRO App.

You can automatically add this Checklist template to an Issue upon creation using automation, labels and even setting the Template as default for an issue Type or all issue types.

You can create automatons that adds a specific Template to an Issue when the Issue is created, using issue created as the trigger.

As shown:

You can also add labels to the issue, and upon adding this label, a corresponding Checklist Template is added to the Issue. 

You simply need to turn on the "Apply checklist templates from issue labels" feature for Jira settings --> Apps -->Global settings

The name of the label must correspond with the name of the Checklist Template(no spacing).

Lastly, you simply need to set a Template as default and when creating an issue, the template is added automatically.

Please see our documentation for more details on how to achieve this.

Let us know if you wish to continue with our App and we would be glad to guide you through our process here.

Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2022

Great mind thinks alike, huh Adaeze?

HeroCoders apologize for this spam - it was two people thinking the same thing at the same time, totally uncoordinated.

Sorry about that, but the point stands - our app can be the answer to this question.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2022

Hello @Mihir Ruparelia 

You might want to take a look at apps in the marketplace that provide checklist functionality.

I cannot speak about all of them, but our Issue Checklist for Jira (both Free and Pro) works really well with automation and you can do all sorts of things with it, including adding checklists, resetting them, modifying, assigning items, adding due dates to those items and much more thanks to how our text-based custom fields are translated to checklist data. With a little regex you can even block an issue transition based on the state of a particular checklist or a checklist item.

As for your use case, we have ways other than automation too. With default templates you can add your checklist to all issues of selected types in selected projects. You can even use a label to add a same-named template to your issues on per-need basis, and those labels can also be added with automation rules. I see a lot of ways our app could be useful to you.

I strongly encourage everyone looking for checklists that work wonders with automation to give Issue Checklist a chance.

Cheers!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 28, 2022

Hello @Mihir Ruparelia

Thank you for posting this question on community!

It's Aleksandra from Deviniti and after reading your post, I think you may find our app handy :)

With the help of Issue Templates for Jira Cloud, you can create a repository of reusable templates to cover all the repetitive tasks in your projects. Such templates can be used to create new issues in Jira (via the Create issue from template button), but also apply to requests on the Customer portal.

Here, if you need to automatically populate a checklist, you could prepare a template and then assign it to the corresponding request type by adding the Template field to your request form. You can also hide the field and add a preset value. The value would be the template you configured in the first place.

Thanks to that, each time a new request comes in, the fields included in your template will be populated automatically.

For more details about this use case, I encourage you to see this chapter in our online documentation:

Is it possible to configure a default template on the Customer portal? 

Hopefully, you'll find it useful in your projects!

Cheers,
Aleksandra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events