Can't insert HTML links in Adaptivist ScriptRunner simple validator error message

Yingbo Wang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 21, 2017

I am using the simpled scripted validator on the create transition in my workflow. I am checking to make a valid option is selected in a custom select field. If the option is invalid, the validator won't allow Issue creation and will display an error message at the top telling the user to go to a webpage for more info or to email someone.

I crafted a message with a simple html link and put it in the Error Message field, however, when I went to test it, the HTML anchors shows up as text.

"Please send an email to <a href='mailto:help@emailhere.com>" instead of "Please send an email to help@emailhere.com"

How do I insert links in the Error message or do I have to use a custom script? If so, how do I add an alert/error message at the top? What method do I call?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

Hello Yingbo.

This happens because the error message is a String, not not HTML.

You can still use the email, but I don't think we allow HTML tags there.

If you feel like we should include that capability, feel free to submit a feature request in our local productsupport site.

Cheers!

Dyelamos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events