Can't branch rule as it requires a sprint in the context for this option.

Andrew Malone August 3, 2022

When trying to set a scheduled task in JIRA automation to run every day at 9am and apply to all issues in the current sprint, my automation returns the following error:

Can't branch rule as it requires a sprint in the context for this option. 
More than likely you have a trigger that isn't sprint related.

The layout of my automation is as follows:

2022-08-03 17_09_36-Automation - JIRA.png2022-08-03 17_13_17-Automation - JIRA.png

2 answers

0 votes
Charlie Gavey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2022

Hi @Andrew Malone

You should be able to branch through issues in the sprint if you're using the "Sprint started" trigger - can you confirm whether you're seeing an error when running the rule in the attached screenshot?

Alternatively, if you wanted to use the Scheduled trigger to run your rule daily, you could use JQL to reference the issues in the current current sprint, and then branch through those issues.

Cheers,

Charlie

Andrew Malone August 11, 2022

When using JQL, Have you an example JQL to iterate over the issues in the current sprint?

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 4, 2022

Hi, @Andrew Malone !

I`m not so good in automation, but I have a suggestion for you. Try out Business Process Manager. This add-on allows to schedule task in JIRA as you need. Also, you can combine BPM with automation to cover more requirements and avoid limits.

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events