Can I comment on a linked issue when an issue is resolved with Automation for JIRA?

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

I'd like to comment on a linked issue, when a linked issue is resolved. Is this possible with Automation for JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

Yes this is possible with a rule like this:

comment-on-linked-issue-on-resolve.png

Lets take a look at this in detail:

• This rule is triggered whenever an issue is transitioned
  • Next we use a compare condition with a smart-value to check if the status changed:

{{#changelog.status}}{{toString}}{{/changelog.status}}
  • Next we check that the issue is now resolved using the JQL "statusCategory = Done" with the JQL condition.
  • Then we branch off using the 'Related issues' action to iterate over the linked issues
    • On this branch we can then use more conditions to filter the linked issues (in this example I use a JQL condition to look for linked issues of "type = Task"
    • And finally we can add a comment to those linked issues using the 'Add comment action'. We can even reference the original issue using the {{triggerIssue}} smart-value

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events