Can I add custom stylesheets for ALL spaces?

Markus Raab February 21, 2018

I realized that I can use global stylesheets but that they are not applied on a space level.

Of course it is possible to add individual stylesheets for each space, however, I would like to apply one stylesheet as a default stylesheet for all spaces.

Anything on that?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maria Heij [Refined] February 25, 2018

Hello Markus

To apply stylesheets that will affect the entire site, use the General Configuration > Locate Look and Feel at the left column > Stylesheets. These style sheets will be applied throughout the site, as long as they target the right elements & id:s. If there is a conflict in styling, you may need to adapt your changes to that they ”win”.

Best Regards, Maria Heij

Markus Raab February 26, 2018

Thanks! The global stylesheets work now on all spaces. Probably there was some cache problem - I had to restart the Confluence service recently and this solved the issue.

knot.capital@gmail.com September 25, 2018

Hi! I'm using cloud-hosted Confluence and this doesn't exist - General Configuration > Locate Look and Feel at the left column > Stylesheets.

I can only see "PDF Stylesheets".

Furthermore, I tried enabling per-space stylesheets, but Security Configuration > Custom Stylesheet for Spaces is grayed out. Why is that?

Maria Heij [Refined] September 26, 2018

Hi there

My response above was intended for Confluence Server .

As I understand it, the stylesheet options for Confluence Cloud are more limited: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/restricted-functions-in-confluence-cloud-734070955.html?_ga=2.8650677.1819499137.1537768398-757063722.1529918632 However, I can't say why that option is disabled on your space, though, could it be a permission issue?

Best Regards, Maria Heij

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

To change the look and feel of a space, please see Customizing Site and Space Layouts.

My understanding is that the Stylesheet at <Confluence_Base_URL>/admin/viewstylesheet.action does apply to spaces, unless the space has it's own stylesheet, as that page reads:

You can customize the look and feel of Confluence by editing the global stylesheet. This will also overwrite all styles defined in custom global themes.
Please note that the custom global stylesheet will not be applied to spaces that define their own custom stylesheet or are using a theme.

Please let me know any follow-up questions.

Markus Raab February 22, 2018

Well we are using the RefinedTheme this is true, so maybe that's interfering here. However, I thought that I can use the global stylesheet exactly for that. To make changes to the entire systems including all spaces.

If I want to change something for all spaces, which way do I have to go: a) global stylesheet, b) somehow a global change in RefinedTheme?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2018

It is my understanding that the Refined Theme for Confluence controls the look and feel of the spaces - there is a Spaces section in the Theme configuration as documented by the vendor, RefinedWiki: Theme configuration.

Since you are working with a RefinedWiki theme, I am moving your question to the collection where I think they are more likely to see it. Since they specialize in their products, they may be able to help you more.

Ronaldo Huang December 28, 2020

@AnnWorley 

Hi ,

Can I add custom stylesheets for ALL spaces by rest api? May I get the url and parameters?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events