Bulk edit board column status mapping

Dylan January 19, 2021

Dear community,

We have a little more than a 100 Rapid boards created on our Jira instance and each of the projects configured with these boards have the same workflow.

I recently added a status in the workflow and in order for this status to appear on the boards column, I currently have to manually edit the settings of the board and map the unmapped status to the correct column.

I checked with Bob Swift CLI for Jira plugin but coudn't find anything in this regard.

Is there a way to bulk edit multiple boards column management to assign unmapped status without having to modify them one by one and manually do the change ?

Thanks for the help !

1 answer

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Hi ,

Board's are containers and configured based on JQL. I think it's not possible to update all with REST API.

can you check in Script runner plugin docs. There may be a chance.

Dylan February 4, 2021

Hi Kagithala,

I took some before answering to make sure something was feasible from your answer. Indeed, you're absolutely right, boards are configured based on JQL.

I noticed that there were some classes available in an old Atlassian documentation (see link), called ColumnService that allows one to perform actions (add, remove, update) on RapidView columns.

Unfortunately, using this class in the ScriptRunner Console fails because it cannot be found. I guess it is deprecated while some other classes like RapidViewService are still available and working.

Do you have any tips by what this ColumnService was replaced or if there is simply no way currently to do this ?

This simple code fails on ScriptRunner console (commenting ColumnService works):

import com.atlassian.greenhopper.model.rapid.RapidView
import com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.view.ColumnService
import com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.view.RapidViewService
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.customisers.JiraAgileBean

@JiraAgileBean
RapidViewService rapidViewService

@JiraAgileBean
ColumnService columnService

Error is the following (I shorten it for clarification):

The script could not be compiled: <pre>org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: General error during semantic analysis: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.atlassian.greenhopper.manager.GreenHopperCache java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Thank you for your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events