Big Picture - Task structure and synchronization with JIRA issues

Pascal Thuet March 2, 2022

Hello

I'm trying to implement a classic initiative / epic / story structure following instructions written here : https://bigpicture.one/jira-bigpicture-initiatives/

• I created a new issue type called "initiative" and a new Link Type Initiatives
  • I setup the task structure within the box configuration of my  Program :

Capture d’écran 2022-03-02 à 17.20.05.png

Within the Gantt or Scope Module, I am able to drag and drop tasks in order to recreate the expected structure.

Unfortunately, when I open the details of an Initiative or an epic, there is no link created. This structure only exists within BigPicture ans is not replicated within the Jira issue itself.

I am using Big Picture standard version. What I am doing wrong  ?

There is also nothing preventing me from defining an initiative as a child of an epic.

Many thanks for your support

Best

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 4, 2022

Hi @Pascal Thuet

To achieve automatic hierarchy: Initiative >> Epic, link selected issues in Jira first using the custom link you created. The structure will then be automatically reflected in BigPicture.

Regarding manually created structure by dragging issues, please be informed that a link in Jira is currently not automatically created. This functionality will be introduced in the next BigPicture 8.4 version. 

Please follow the link of the feature request: ONE-7212 to be up to date with the functionality progress. Please note that it is best to open the link in the incognito tab of your browser.
Pascal Thuet March 4, 2022

This is great news for this upcoming feature !

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events