Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to "send to customer"

Curtis Windsor August 6, 2019

Hi there,

I'm looking to set up an automation that will automatically reply to ticket creator and particpants, I know there's options to "Comment on issue" but this is an internal comment only.

There is another option, "send an email" which I tested but I'm looking to have it ask the ticket creator a couple of questions so that they can reply.

Is there a simple solution to this without having to have it send an e-mail asking them the question(s) and then telling them to update the ticket?

2 comments

Comment

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2019

Hi @Curtis Windsor ,

I don't understand your requirements, I think.

If you add a public comment, the creator will have to go to the ticket also to update it, right? So where is the difference to send an email in that case?

Curtis Windsor August 6, 2019

Hi Bastian,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We have a system that will automatically create a ticket, with half static information and half information that relies on answers provided by the reporter or any participants. I want to ensure that can view the ticket that the questions were asked and that we are waiting for the customers reply.

We also allow replies via e-mail so users do not have to update the ticket but can just reply via email

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2019

What software are you using? What you want to achieve sounds EXACTLY like what Jira Service Desk does. If you're not using Jira Service Desk please check it out.

You could also provide more information about your system, how is it automated, what's that static information and what information is extracted from the answers of the customer (and how it is extracted, if manually by reading the reply to your email and typing it in the ticket or otherwise). Use screenshots if possible aswell.

As it stands right now, I haven't fully understand your situation either.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events