Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically create Jira issues from errors with the New Relic Errors Inbox app

louis {New Relic} August 18, 2022

Hi Atlassian community!

I'm Louis, a product marketing manager from New Relic, and I'm excited to share the Errors Inbox for Jira Software integration. It's available in the new toolchain page, making it easier to find among other Atlassian Open DevOps solutions!

Integrate your error management with automatic Jira Software issue creation

Errors inbox is an error-tracking solution that helps you proactively detect, triage, and resolve errors to help you to fix them before they impact your users. Connect errors inbox to Jira Software to easily create Jira Software issues for your errors in seconds, allowing for faster collaboration and resolution.

You can find it in the Atlassian marketplace here.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 9.34.15 PM.png

What can you do with the integration?

With this built-in two-way integration, you can:

• Automatically file issues. Connect New Relic errors inbox with Jira Software to easily create Jira issues in seconds, to drive faster collaboration and resolution.
  • Leverage issue templates that automatically contain error details and link directly to the stack trace for quick access. Plus, Jira issues are stored alongside the associated error group, so if the error occurs again, you can easily access associated tickets.
  • Get set up in seconds. The connection between errors inbox and Jira Software is automatically included in the errors inbox UI. All you have to do is connect your account and API token

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 9.35.51 PM.png

Get started 

Connecting errors inbox and Jira Software is simple. For a step by step guide, go the installation tab of the marketplace listing here

Alternatively, check out the resources below to help you get started:

Questions? Suggestions?

Please feel free to respond to this thread! For issues, please submit an issue here.

Happy debugging!

1 comment

Comment

Peter Denham August 7, 2023

Its a great feature!

I tried adding some markdown to the template in New Relic but it just shows as normal text when the ticket is created. Is there a way to use markdown?

Thanks

Like Michael Meneses likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events