Automatic comment insertion if the original estimate field changes

Soporte Atl August 16, 2022

Hi,

Is it possible to set an automation trigger based on changes in the original estimate field?

Captura.JPG

I need to insert a comment in the issue when someone sets a value for or changes that field.

I don't think it's possible (after some research) but if anybody could please comment on that or think of a workaround I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance,

M

1 comment

Comment

Sam Harding
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2022

Hi @manu 

You can trigger off the original estimate change by selecting field 'Time Tracking'. You can access the original estimate change by using the smart value `{{fieldChange}}` which will include the field `originalEstimate`

Cheers
Sam

Like Soporte Atl likes this
Soporte Atl August 17, 2022

Thank you very much, @Sam Harding

It worked.

Finally I used something like:

{panel:title=Estimated development time}
{{issue.timetracking.originalestimate}}
{panel}

{{issue.key}}'s {{fieldChange.timetracking.originalestimate}} field was updated from {{fieldChange.fromString}} to {{fieldChange.toString}} by {{initiator.displayName}}

The first part shows and informative panel with the original estimate.

The second part (which I copied from another post by @John Funk) shows the value change, if any.

Unfortunately, the time is showed in seconds and I don't find a way to change the format to hours (even after having configured that format in the Issue Features > Time Tracking section.

Anyways, much better than expected.

Thanks again,

M

Like Sam Harding likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events