Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automate reopen a issue when is comented

Hi,

I would like to know if the following option could be automated.

If a issue is done or completed or resolved and a client comment de issue, the issue could be reopened?

Thanks.

1 answer

Hi @Kerman Aguilar Gallego 

Yes, this is possible with Automation for Jira. To accomplish this:

• Go to Automation, and create a new rule
  • For the Trigger, choose Issue Commented
  • Next, add a Condition- the Issue Fields Condition. For the field to compare against, choose either:
    • Status - with the condition that it is any "Done" status in your workflow or...
    • Resolution - with the condition that it is resolved
  • Finally, add an Action, Transition Issue. Set the "Destination Status" to whichever status you want reopened issues to be in. Remember, it needs to be a status which can be transitioned to from "Done" in your existing workflow.
  • Give the rule a name, and publish it

You could refine this rule further if the issue should only reopen if it's a user in a certain group, role, etc.

Before the Action, add a second Condition - the User Condition - and set parameters around the user (for example, user who triggered the event is issue reporter).

Ste

Thanks man.

I have it.

Awesome!

If this worked for you, could you press "Accept Answer" to indicate to other users who locate this question this solution helps?

Ste

I am trying the above and am unsuccesful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

461 views 5 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you