Auto-update Status field

Leena Singhani July 23, 2021

How can I auto update Status to 'Wont-Do' if the ticket stays on Hold for more than 30 days?

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Status is not really a field, it's an indicator of where an issue is in the process.  You do not "set" or "edit" status, you move things through the process.

But I'm being pedantic about the technicalities there.

Yes, you can do this. 

Create a new Automation, using "scheduled" as the trigger.  I'd probably schedule this to run daily, telling it to use a saved filter for "status changed to on-hold over 30 days ago and status is still on-hold".  You can then use the action "transition this issue".

You'll need your workflow to have a transition from on-hold to won't-do

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Hi @Leena Singhani

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

If you check the automation library you should see an automation called Resolve issue due to inactivity. It is a scheduled automation that runs once a day, and for your case you just have to change the JQL used in the trigger and the destination transition.

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 4.08.47 PM.png

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

Hi @Leena Singhani 

You can do this with Automation for Jira. There should be some default scripts to modify to suit your this exact need.

-Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events