Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlympic Event: Partnerships/ Jira-Slack integration

I manage a small Bug Tracking project on the internal Jira instance of my company. 

However, since I am an Atlassian consultant and I work on a daily basis on some other projects with multiple clients, I don’t sign in our instance every day.

What’s more, I don’t have my work emails on my phone and I sometimes forget to log regularly in my inbox.

After forgetting some tickets or answering with sometimes days of delay, I decided to see what I could do to solve this.

I wanted to get messages in Slack channels since I don’t close Slack when I am with clients.

I solved my issue in about thirty seconds since Automation displays a native slack Automation.

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 11.01.06.png

Basic but effective, since I did not miss any new bug with this :

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 11.03.51.png

Thanks to the smart values, I am able to adapt this automation to other teams.

With almost the same automation, I tried another one with a project to tell the manager whenever the documentation is ready for an Epic.

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 11.58.04.png

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 11.58.25.png

Slack is a great help in my day-to-day work. :)

1 comment

Comment

Carrie Mamantov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2021

This is really smart! I am definitely missing Jira updates. And then, so you don’t forget the alert, you can select the “remind me” option on the post within Slack! thumbs-up

Like Bridget likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events