Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlympic Event: Marketplace Apps: ScriptRunner

What is the app?

ScriptRunner from Adaptavist

How did you find the app?

We found the app on Atlassian Marketplace early in our Jira journey

What did you use it for?

Wow, it is probably easier to answer "what is it NOT used for?" :) We use it to run post-function scripts in many of our workflows, use the added functions in JQL's, watch for certain types of issues and update them, etc. We also use it to run scripts on demand whenever we want to change some values on issues or projects, some examples are:

• to change a value in a custom field
  • change Security Level on certain issues
  • delete all but two projects (like when we create an "empty" test instance 
  • find where a certain AD group is used in a certain Project role
  • remove values from a role
  • send email to Assignee's when issues go past due date
  • transition issues from "Pending Closure" to "Closed" after 5 days of inactivity

Which team used it?

Really everyone because of the added functions in the JQL, like searching for all sub-tasks that have a parent with certain attributes. However, the admins mostly use it to fulfill business requirements that come from cross functional teams.

What would happen if you didn’t have it?

We'd be a bunch of sour patches if we didn't have ScriptRunner, it really does so much for our Jira instance. It really works wonders!

4 comments

Comment

Ari Vésteinsson August 4, 2021

We added 'quality gates' in our development process, e.g. by making sure that certain field got filled out based on the value in another field.

Thorsteinn Hallgrimsson August 4, 2021

Script makes life of medium tech Jira admins much easier, for example setting resolutions and viewing logs.

Dean Schaffer August 4, 2021

Scriptrunner is one of those apps that is a required app for most companies in my mind. It just does so damn much that without it, I feel like I am missing one arm

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

Nice article @Kristján Geir Mathiesen !

I agree with all of you that ScriptRunner is a greatly useful app and has grown so much since I was introduced to it.

The only thing I feel on the other side is that it is so packed up with features and it needs Groovy scripting knowledge for custom script solutions so it has a big learning curve and cannot be just used straight away when a new user gets introduced to it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events