Asset Management Automation Rule to update a related object

Crystal Rouse June 19, 2024

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to update another object's attribute value in our schema through an automation rule.

The automation rule would run when Object 1 is updated and meets the criteria.
Then I need to update a record in another object.  The record(s) I need to update are related records in an Object data type attribute in Object 1.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2024

@Crystal Rouse 

It is possible, but will be necessary to understand exactly how this automation should works.

I created a sample automation who has this structure:

- Trigger: Object Updated

- Created a var called: object with this smartvalue {{object.key}} / This is my object key who was changed

You can make some conditions with your object by AQL using to validate something before move forward.

- Add a lookup object action with this AQL: key = "{{object}}" / We need this to be able access the linked objects with your first object.

- Open a AQL branch and use this AQL: key = {{lookupObjects.your-attribute.Key}}

- Add an action called Edit Object Attributes > Select your object attributes to be edited.

The updates must happen in the associated assets object and not in your object who trigger the automation rule.

Hope this helps you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events