Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🥨 Apptoberfest feature preview – Microsoft 365 for Jira – use automation beyond tools

Hi there,

I am in the perfect mood for Apptoberfest; it’s chilled and windy outside, leaves have this amazing orange brownish color, and I was just biting into a freshly baked German pretzel. In addition to that … the whole Atlassian Community is in Apptoberfest party mode! Of course, it is a must for yasoon as a Germany based company to participate in this community event.

This year is a bit special. I want to give you a sneak preview of an upcoming feature for ‘Microsoft 365 for Jira’.  With the integration you can add Jira to your Microsoft Office tools to enable seamless processes for teams working with Microsoft and Jira. It harnesses the power of Microsoft Outlook, Teams and To Do with deep integrations to Jira.

Managing projects with all your teams becomes a lot easier, when you can use Jira features in Microsoft 365 and vice versa. But thinking forward, we realized that the integration between those two tools can go even deeper and become more individualized.

Connect the automation power of Jira with Microsoft 365

As we are big fans of Jira automation, the next step is to connect the automation power of Jira with Microsoft 365! We want to empower end-users to automate mundane tasks and enable easier management for admins at scale. Automation with Jira and Microsoft 365 supports many use cases, but to give you a short feature preview have a look at this video:

🥨 Apptoberfest feature preview – Microsoft 365 for Jira – use automation beyond tools - YouTube 

Changing the status of an issue to ‘Pretzeltime’ triggers an automated Microsoft Teams channel message, such as the GIF of a cute pretzel. Mhm, now I am hungry for a warm pretzel again. And I mean, isn’t this a realistic use case? :-D

Microsoft 365 for Jira – use automation for ITSM processes

Speaking of realistic use cases: Using Microsoft Teams for Jira Service Management ticketing is a strong use case for Microsoft 365 for Jira. Because this is a highly standardized and high-volume topic, JSM has always been a stronghold for using Jira automation.

For example, after setting the status of a ticket to '2nd level support', the ticket will automatically be posted to a Microsoft Teams channel where service agents can triage the ticket beyond first level support.

Another handy automation can be: after a new service ticket is created, an automated Teams chats is sent from within a JSM ticket to the internal customer. And these are just a few ideas, how we want to bring that automation power to Microsoft 365.

Automation beyond tools with Microsoft 365 for Jira

Do you know your way around Jira automation already? That is great, because our automation is just as fast and easy. The difference is that you can use it beyond the boundaries of Jira - right in your Microsoft 365 tools.

As I mentioned, this is a feature preview for yasoon’s app Microsoft 365 for Jira. We will be very happy to introduce you to automation end of 2022.

Thanks for your time, now let’s enjoy all those amazing app demos and as we say in Germany: O’zapft is!

1 comment

Comment

Michaela Mayer _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 5, 2022

@Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_ It's PREZEL TIME 🤩

Like • # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events