Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽƒ Apptoberfest discussion: Jira workflows apps

Maggie Norby Adams
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2021

Gytkeh_F-2.png

Hi Community! The time has come for our final Apptobefest discussion. This week's topic is: Jira workflows apps ๐Ÿค–

Atlassianโ€™s Marketplace is full of workflow and workflow automation apps to help teams save time and work together more efficiently with customized processes.

What we want to know is, what are your favorite apps for Jira workflows and why? What is an example of a workflow your team made with this app that made a difference in how your team works?

Let us know!

(Not sure what Apptoberfest is? Click here ๐ŸŽƒ )

No labels

5 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

JMWE was probably the first Marketplace App we added. We love it and use it extensively. David and the entire crew have always provided great and timely support. And the expertise is amazing. 

Like โ€ข # people like this
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

Scriptrunner has always been my favorite, for similar reasons as eazyBI, extensive customizability (despite steeper learning curve) which allows me to do almost anything. And their docs are solid

Antรดnio Duarte October 28, 2021

Hi,

We, from Easysecrets are really satisfied with Jira Workflow Toolbox (from Decadis) for several reasons:

- it has a broad set of functions and their development teadm is always increasing such number as we suggest them new approaches;

- they have a great feature: Calculated Fields that really make the difference when  we want to update fields in real-time, depending on the changing of other related fields (avoiding us to create "unnecessary" transitions just to do such tasks

- they have a very focused support team with great expertise and an incredibly short time to reply to our questions.

- the tool that builds expressions is really intuitive, avoiding us from memorizing syntax grammar and it is very efective

- they also have Automation (similar to Jira, but much more flexible and usefull).

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2021

When it comes to workflows, it's not quite easy to make a choice. I would like to vote for multiple options here. I think my response for this is certainly influenced due to recent demos as part of  Apptoberfest. I have appreciated the responsible guys already for the demo.

• Checklist for Jira 
  • Jira Misc Workflow Extensions aka JMWE
  • Script Runner for Jira - Sorry, it would be really harsh if I miss them in this list.

Happy to hear from others and suggestions on other apps.

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2021

Hi @Maggie Norby Adams and hi all!!

I was looking forward to this article to comment on how much I like apps to manage workflows, in this case, I have used several and I could name sooooo many ... but I'll tell you which are my favorites with a quick selection:

• ScriptRunner, it has so many features that if I had to choose one, without a doubt it would be the behaviours, it is something that enhances many of the requirements of customers that cannot be addressed natively.
    Another functionality that I find really useful is "copy project", in some occasions it has saved me from doing a laborious work.
  • JSU makes it really easy to automate tasks and what I really love about this app are the preconditions!
  • And last but not least, I couldn't forget to mention my favorite app, made by my teammates at atSistemas โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›, Jira Workflow Magic Box, it's a free app and provides a useful set of conditions, validators and postfunctions, very easy to configure!
    • JQL condition.
    • Validator of mandatory fields.
    • Comment issue publishing function.
    • Security level post function.
    • Date validator.
    • Groovy scripting support.
    • Groovy listeners.
    • And much more.

Regards

TAGS
AUG Leaders