🍂🍻Apptoberfest Demo🍂🍻: draw.io Diagrams for Confluence

Here at draw.io, we couldn’t be more excited to celebrate Atlassian’s Apptoberfest. Most of the draw.io team hails from Germany. When you think of Germany, you think of Oktoberfest. When you think of Oktoberfest, you think about beer. And, while there may have been no Oktoberfest this year, you may be interested to know that beer is available in Germany all year ‘round.

Don’t believe us? Just pay a visit to "Der Pschorr" a traditional bavarian brewery that can help inflate your beer-to-person ratio significantly. But we digress...

Back to work!

Our draw.io engineers work hard every day to enhance draw.io Diagrams for Confluence. We’re always working to make your diagramming experience more productive and intuitive. In fact, our Confluence Cloud app now includes a new, streamlined editor interface. We call it Board Macro.

https://youtu.be/OfP764h1iUI

The new draw.io board macro works like a whiteboard in Confluence Cloud pages. Per default, the draw.io board macro uses our sketch diagram editor theme, with the sketch shape and connector styles set as the default global style.

draw.io Board editor (1).png

The diagram editor has a white non-paginated background and no gridlines so it feels more like a whiteboard. It’s the ideal canvas for your team’s brilliant ideas, and thanks to its seamless integration with Confluence, your entire team can collaborate, view, add ideas, and share the results. Everyone’s literally on the same page.

And it’s ready for you to try on Confluence Cloud right now while we work hard to expand it to Confluence Server and Data Center as well.

Now back to beer

There are all kinds of things you don’t know about beer, and we’re here to tell you about them:

• Monks drank gallons of beer during their periods of fasting because it satisfied their hunger. That's where the german saying: "Two beer equals three slices of bread!" comes from.
  • The pilgrims only landed at Plymouth Rock because their ship ran out of beer.
  • You should never, no matter how much they beg, share your beer with your dog, because hops are poisonous to them.
  • The largest museum dedicated to the brewing of beer is located in Altenburg Germany.
  • The oldest brewery in the world is located in Freising, Germany. It was founded in 1040.

Basically, when it comes to the whole beer thing, we Germans know what we’re doing.

One more thing…

But the fact that we’re German isn’t our only connection to the art of beermaking. At draw.io we want you to know that using just a few standard shapes you can easily create your own beer in draw.io Boards:

draw.io beer shape (1).png

Go to draw.io Boards now and share your beer with us! 

7 comments

Comment

Riley Venable (Atlas Bench)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

A fantastic app that will allow for innovative ideas to come to life.

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

Love draw.io the best diagram app for confluence.

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

If I was a customer @Bastian -drawio Diagrams- you would had me with the "May the draw be with you"! :D

Apart from that, congrats for the nicely done video! I have been using draw.io outside of confluence, and I loved how many options it had (although I couldn't understand their application :) ). Watching your video only one question came into my mind. If you add a board, can multiple users interact with it simultaneously, or do they have to take turns? Will they be able to see all changes in real time when their colleague is drawing something? That would be a fantastic collaborative feature!

Like # people like this
//SEIBERT/MEDIA October 24, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ You can collaborate on boards just as you do it with diagrams in Confluence Cloud. Unfortunately, we can't offer collaboration on boards/diagrams for draw.io in Confluence Server or Data Center. 

Bastian -drawio Diagrams-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 24, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ I used the wrong user for my answer…but it was me commenting X)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021

@Bastian -drawio Diagrams- Draw.IO is a powerful way to diagram and it continues to improve every year.  Can't wait to see what additional improvements you release in the future.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2021

I have been using drawl.io for many years and actually saw this new editor but it forgotten about it. I need to give it a go for sure it looks pretty slick.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events