Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apptoberfest Demo: Viewtracker - Analytics for Confluence

Hi Community,

we’d like to present a typical use case for our app Viewtracker - Analytics for Confluence. Meet Linda (Confluence Administrator) & Edmond (HR) on their quest to track user interactions in Confluence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKl0DGZpqOk

Viewtracker listing on the Marketplace 

If you found the demo useful, we’re looking forward to seeing your likes and comments!

Best, Cora from the bitvoodoo team

14 comments

Comment

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

Here's to the team Linda, Edmond and of course yourself @Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_ 🙌 I thought the demo was great!

Like Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_ likes this
Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

Aaww, thanks so much for the kind words, @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ - it means a lot!

Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 6, 2021

It's cool to see all the different metrics and analytics that can be obtained from Confluence. That's very interesting, and thank you for sharing and participating in the Apptoberfest @Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_ 

Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2021

Thanks a lot for the support, @Huwen Arnone _Deiser_ ! I too think the Apptoberfest is very valuable to discover new apps.

Teodora Nikolova October 6, 2021

Wow! 👏 Thank you for creating this content @Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_ it's a top notch work, indeed!

💯

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

I've been casually interested in determining the effectiveness of Confluence docs in our company for some time now. We have a number of information spaces to be used internally, and it's been hard to identify what content is effective or being utilized. I was impressed with the reporting here, and even more impressed that you could see which users have been utilizing the content within a space. I was also very impressed with the attachments reporting feature. I could see myself reorganizing page content to emphasize important attachments if the viewing was insufficient.

One question I do have, does this app also track page/space metrics for Confluence spaces integrated with JSM? Will it count views if customers view pages in the portal, or when agents link the Confluence page to an issue?

Thanks!

Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2021

Hi @Sam Nadarajan - thanks for the kind words!

As for your specific question: Yes, Viewtracker measures views from JSM and lets you filter the report by JSM views in the Data Center/Server version.

Thanks for your interest in Viewtracker - please reach out to us if you have any more questions.

Best, Cora

Like Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_ likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2021

@Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_ This is a pretty cool app.  I have seen several questions in the Atlassian community that this app would solve.  I will remember it and let people know about it.

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2021

Great demo @Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_ thank you for sharing! This might be a silly question but if we use for example Refined to stylize our Confluence pages and they're on the custom domain would this analytics tracking still work? I think it would be helpful for us to see what pages are worth focusing on and what needs to be improved. Thank you!

Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2021

Hi @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ Not a silly question at all :-) We would have to test it to make sure. Please reach out to us via support@bitvoodoo.ch and we'll be happy to assist.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021

@Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_ 

Nice demo video.  I just had a question about Confluence analytics the other day.  This would be a great app to refer users to.  Thanks

Like # people like this
Michaela Mayer _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 5, 2022

Thanks @Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_ for sharing this 😊

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2023

@Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_ It looks great! My question is how does Viewtracker compare to Confluence Analytics? (Do you have a comparison table maybe?) They seem to have a lot in common, at least for the first look.

We also develop an app for content lifecycle tracking and it has its own, built-in analytics capabilities:

view-analytics.png

Our primary focus is not being a complete solution for analytics, but to make view/edit metrics an input dimension to content statuses. For example, the app can set each page to a status that depends on the last view's date, and allow the content owner to have a deeper look on the analytics.

Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2023

Hi @Aron Gombas _Midori_, thanks for the addition and question.

You can see differences in the visuals and texts on the Viewtracker Marketplace Listing. We are also working on a direct comparison of Viewtracker and Confluence Analytics, which I will share later 👍.

Like Aron Gombas _Midori_ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events