🍂Apptoberfest 2022🍂 is here!

Gytkeh_F (1).png

In case you missed it, last October the Atlassian Community hosted the first ever 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 which featured over 70 fun and creative app demos as part of a demo competition, several live virtual events, and weekly discussions.

Starting today, 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 is back! That means Atlassian Community and our Marketplace Partner community have a month of app-related fun in store right here in the Apps & Integrations space. This month, we’ll be giving you lots of opportunities to engage with peers and partners on the subject of apps and integrations.

If you’ve ever wondered…

🤔 which apps do other Atlassian admins and experts find the most useful?

🤔 who are the teams behind your favorite apps?

🤔 how can you make your Jira or Confluence instance more customized for your team?

… this is the event for you!

The most engaged Community members will get Apptoberfest swag 🎽 and everyone who participates will get an Apptoberfest badge 🏅

So, how can you get involved? Here are 3 ways:

1 - Share your favorite app(s) and why in one of our weekly Apptoberfest discussions

You’ll have weekly opportunities to learn about and share your experiences with apps and integrations that solve key challenges in Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Management, and Bitbucket. We’ll focus on these four categories:

• Apps for Admins

• Apps for ITSM

• Apps for DevOps

• Apps for Business Teams

Keep an eye out in Discussions for weekly prompts, starting next Monday 👀

2 - Vote on your favorite app demos

Marketplace Partners are ready to share video demos of their apps for different types of teams and users as part of an 📹 App demo competition. Check out the Apptoberfest2022 tag to find all the submissions.  

Vote for your favorite demo(s) by liking the post! Winners will be announced at the end of Apptoberfest.

3 - Attend an event in the Apptoberfest App Crawl on Atlassian Community Events

You’ll also get opportunities to connect directly with the partners behind your favorite apps in a month-long App-Crawl! Drop into an app crawl event to chat with other community members and meet the teams behind the apps on our Marketplace. Bring a coffee or a beer or a question (or two!) to get to know our partners better.

Filter by “Marketplace Apps” on ace.atlassian.com to find Apptoberfest events in your time zone. Add an Apptoberfest-themed Zoom background to get in the spirit!

Community Leaders - feel free to invite our Marketplace Partner volunteers and host your own App Crawl event! See announcements in the Community Leaders Slack channel from last month for more details.

We're also brainstorming other ways to celebrate together virtually toward the end of the month, so stay tuned 👀 🎃

This year, we’ve got Apptoberfest-themed beanies for the 30 most engaged community members, so tune in, comment, like, and share your favorite apps for a chance to win!

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 9.11.50 AM (1).png

22 comments

Comment

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2022

🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 is back 🥳, last year it was fun, looking forward for app related fun this time again!

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2022

Yay @Maggie Norby Adams !

Wonderful time of the year! Looking forward to discover new apps, and share some of my favorite within my arsenal!

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Wohooooo! 🎉 Can't wait to see all the app demos!

apptoberfest.gif

(I can finally use this gif again 😁)

Like # people like this
Brittany Mora October 3, 2022

Exciting! :D 

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

I've spent time tonight catching up on the current posts. It's only October 3 and so far the Marketplace partners have been setting a high bar!

Like # people like this
Jerryton Surya
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

Is there any deadline for this event @Maggie Norby Adams 

Attila Bordás _Everit_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 5, 2022

Awesome community event! Having missed it last year, we were hoping it would continue and we were waiting, preparing. Biding our time. Not unlike the main character of our demo video, so please enjoy! 🐙

Like # people like this
Maggie Norby Adams
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2022

@Jerryton Surya Apptoberfest runs throughout the month of October! Marketplace Partners will share videos for the first 2 weeks and you can vote on your favorite demos until the end of October. We'll also be sharing discussions every Monday until October 24th. 

Like # people like this
Astrid Sieben
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2022

Yeah, I was waiting for it.

So many cool demos for the Apps. I love it

Like # people like this
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2022

Hi Atlassian Family and cheers to Apptoberfest! 

As it's said: a little party never killed nobody, so let’s plan one :)  

Our demo is about how Edit Request is a game-changer and how banners can make a difference. We show how to create a tailored, customer-center portal and how much you can put into clients' hands without losing control. Everything we love the most – Jira Service Management.

🍻🍂 Cheers to Apptoberfest! Demo: Edit request with Feature Bundle 🍻🍂  

All functionalities come from Feature Bundle which you can find here

Grab a coffee (or beer), take a seat, and enjoy our Apptoberfest demo.

Like # people like this
Maria Kurnosenko
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 11, 2022

Greetings to all the Atlassian Community members!

We are happy to participate in Apptoberfest again this year! 🍺🍂

This year we wanted to try out a new approach to demonstrating the features of our app. So we created a trailer for the 📹 Table Filter and Charts for Confluence blockbuster 📹! 

You can find Table Filter and Charts on the Atlassian Marketplace.

Check out our Apptoberfest video, and let us know what you think!

Like # people like this
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
October 13, 2022

Greetings to the Atlassian Community, and cheers to 🍂 Apptoberfest 🍂!

We are excited to join the party with our 🎃 Halloween demo 🎃 and share our event preparation tips and tricks. Hope you'll have fun with us!

Handy Macros for Confluence is available on the Atlassian Marketplace.

For a quick start, grab a drink and enjoy our 🎃 demo🎃. We'd be grateful for your votes and feedback!

Like # people like this
Jerryton Surya
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2022

@Maggie Norby Adams Is there any way to extend the submission deadline by a week?

Maggie Norby Adams
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2022

Hi @Jerryton Surya ! We won't stop you from posting a demo next week, but I'll be publishing a roundup of all the posts on Monday to help folks find the submissions for voting. If you want to get in the round up I'd recommend trying to post sooner. Hope that helps clarify :) 

Like # people like this
Sean Manwarring _Izymes_
Marketplace Partner
October 13, 2022

🍺 Happy Apptoberfest everyone!🍻

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. 

Join us and our good friend, Sir David Attenborough, in this year's demo as he shares his delight on how Workzone for Bitbucket helps fully automate and optimise the merge control process!

Enjoy the demo 📹

Like # people like this
Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2022

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to get greater insight into the most used apps and how to gain value from them 🤔

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2022

I love this initiative! 💙 🥳 It's so much fun to find a way to demo an app while having the time of your life.

If you want to know what my awesome colleague @Matt Reiner _K15t_ and I had an incredible amount of fun doing, check out our demo of Orderly Databases. We slip into the role of sports commentators and have teams use Confluence and Orderly to compete in daily Confluence tasks to see who finishes first, and who gets sent into overtime. 😄

👉🏽 🍻🍂 Apptoberfest 2022 🍂🥨 Orderly Databases Came To Play, Seriously 🐝 🏟

Like # people like this
AJ Barks - Old Street
Marketplace Partner
October 14, 2022

...and our #Apptober event is live! It'll be a live panelist session and will be HYBRID, so anyone can join, whether In Person in Rotterdam, or Virtually through the Zoom call!

Check out the deetz:

Apptoberfest - JSM Life: LIVE! Living your best (IT)SM life with App add-ons! 

Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 15.50.43.png

Like # people like this
Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
October 16, 2022

It seems today is the last chance to join this fun, DevSamurai doesn't want to miss it. Check it out what we bring to the table: ProScheduler Resource Planning, Gantt Chart for Jira

Celina Kuziemko - Appsvio
Marketplace Partner
October 25, 2022

Creating Apptoberfest article was super fun! Can't wait the next one 🍻

Like # people like this
Daria Uskova
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 6, 2023

Wow 🔥 That's interesting!

Noah - Devsamurai March 28, 2024

Hi @Maggie Norby Adams and @Kelsey Van Scoy ,
I just reached Badge 3 on Atlassian Marketplace but cannot find the link to apply for the Marketplace Partner badge here, can you help me out with this? Thank you :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events