Apps missing after Jira Cloud restore

Jim Kohli September 4, 2020

Hi all,

I'm a JSD n00bie.  I had the Insight app (and a couple of other apps) loaded, did a Jira (cloud) backup.

When I did the restore, none of the apps were there and they also won't allow me to reload them from the marketplace.  I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but can't find any help that is recent or relevant.  I see similar issues from 2012 and/or from Jira Server that are close but not relatable.

Thanks for any help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2020

Hi @Jim Kohli 

I'd contact https://support.atlassian.com/ first on this one :)

Ste

Jim Kohli September 7, 2020

Support has contacted me.  Apparently, apps need to be uninstalled before a backup, then reinstalled after the restore.  I'm working with the vendor now because I'm still not able to reinstall the app.

Best regards,

Jim K.

Like Inactive Stephen likes this
Simon van Helden March 17, 2021

Hi Jim,

who solved the problem for you? Do you have a paid subscription including Atlassian Support?

I have a similar problem but a free subscription and don't even know how to solve it without Atlassian. I would like to use their paid app "Insight".

Best regards
Simon

My community Post

0 votes
Thorbjørn Borup October 7, 2021

wow that's noway an acceptable solution. 

So im surpose to uninstall all my apps every time I do a backup. How will that fuck up my installation everytime I uninstall and install apps....

Is there no way of recovering from this ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events