Application Links through HTTPS

Adam Jacobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Hi all, this question extends on a previously asked question. Perhaps I am confusing myself with too much SSL stuff here...

I have two servers happily running SSL through Tomcat only (no Apache/IIS).

1. jira.mycompany.com:443
  2. confluence.mycompany.com:443

I had a CA issued certificate for *.mycompany.com that I have successfully imported into the JKS keystore from a supplied PFX file.

As per this post, I can't establish an Application Link without the public key details being imported into each server. However, considering the certificate is the same for each, aren't the relevant public key details already accessible to Tomcat?

If not, what would be the recommended way of exporting the public key details from each server and importing into the other server, without overwriting the existing imported certificate?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Hi Adam,

I believe the instructions on this page should help you to ensure that relevant certificates have been imported into the appropriate keystores to get your applinks working properly: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+LDAP+or+JIRA+or+Other+Services+via+SSL

All the best,
John

Adam Jacobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

Thanks John.

The troubleshooting section of those instructions contained a few gems that were useful. I found the easiest way to get the certificate in a readily importable form was to export it from Firefox and then import it into cacerts

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events