A Timeless Love Story

It started as any story starts, on a normal, rainy day.

Admin meets App, and her name was Klok2, and like any first relationship we were both trying to make it work but neither one knew what to expect from the other.

• I did not expect her to never acknowledge my requests.
  • I became overbearing by constantly checking on her.
  • Sometimes she just became unavailable to offer me support.

Then one day she was just gone, she was not returning my emails or calls. It dawned on me slowly, she was not able to change with me. In the end I had to admit defeat, we never spoke again after that day. In actual fact Klok2's licencing server was switched off and the company went into liquidation. :(

After a month, my colleagues could see I was lost, I needed to get back out there and meet someone new who I could depend on. Unfortunately, I had not, as my colleagues put it "shopped around" in quite a while, so let's just say I was looking but I did not know what I wanted. Time and again I would meet up with someone who, on paper seemed like a match, only to be disappointed and left exhausted from all the running around and meet-ups. Anyone I met had so much to offer, but I was just looking for someone laid back and easy to get on with, someone who was not ambitious but was amazing in their own special way. These first meet-ups were way too full on and definitely not my type!

And as all stories go, something changes in the main character's life.

She was a friend of a friend. I knew about her, though I wrote her off as "overbearing". She seemed just like Klok2, able to track time on projects however she wanted more commitment over my Jira issues and that was a major red flag for me...at first. I was torn between my instinct to quickly dismiss such an overbearing perosnality and my curiosity to learn more about her. Like any sane Admin, I sought advice from others who had interacted with her previously. To my surprise and delight they had nothing but positive things to say. I came away feeling pretty good about the situation, and just like that I wanted to meet her.

The next day, she quickly won me round with her looks and sharp wit. We wanted this to work so we set up rules around what we needed from each other; honesty and consistency. I would be honest in my requirements and she would consistently provide timesheets.

It has been just over a year since we started our adventure together and she has never steered me wrong.

Thanks Tempo Timesheets ;)

8 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 7, 2019

Great story-telling @[deleted]

Like Deleted user likes this
Sofie-Anh Duranceau February 7, 2019

Such a fun read. I got here by total luck. We at Tempo hope we can continue to have a great relationship with you, through good and bad times, trips to Paris or Iceland, and maybe a cat and 2 kids when we are ready. 

Like # people like this
Eyglo Oskarsdottir February 8, 2019

Great article Danny!

Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2019

Have you begged her already?

Emilee
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 8, 2019

Loved hearing about your classic love story. Hope you two are good to each other! 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2019

Nice Article Danny!

MadelineBarr February 11, 2019

Great article! You kept me hooked throughout the whole story. "Who is she? Who is she?!"

Ah, Tempo Timesheets. Actually, we have just started to look into this app. How long have you been using it?

Madeline

Deleted user February 11, 2019

Hi @MadelineBarr,

Just over a year now. 

I'm glad you liked the story, hopefully I will have more to tell.

Like Monique vdB likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events