504 Gateway Time-out nginx when using TechTime SpaceUnZip Add-on for Confluence Server 6.7.1

Scott Merry March 23, 2018

Hello,

I've been moving files and folders from an on-prem old server to Confluence.

I’ve been limiting file sizes to generally <300MB because more than that things get really slow or stop.

What I’m doing is Compressing several files and folders on my MacBook Pro into a .zip file, then transferring that file as a file attachment onto a Confluence page.  That works just fine and the .zip files as I said are <300 MB.

Then I’m using an Add-On called SpaceUnZip which automatically unzips the compressed file, then creates subpages for each file folder and places individual files as attachments on those subpages, so the result is in the same hierarchy of pages and subpages and files as the originating server file tree structure from before the folders and files were compressed.

I do a single SpaceUnZip of a single ~873kB to ~250MB .zip file at a time (you can’t do more than one at a time anyway).  I just tried it again, and although Confluence is fast, when I try the SpaceUnZip it hangs and then I get the “504 Gateway Time-out” error message pasted below.

Also note that even when I try this with a little 873kB .zip file I get the same behavior.
I was doing this pretty much error free all week but started to get more errors like this as we approached Friday, then this morning it got quickly worse until now where I can’t even do the 873kB file.

Any suggestions how to stop this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

1 comment

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 10, 2018

Thanks @Scott Merry.

For anyone else finding this discussion, this query was also raised with TechTime and feedback has been given to Scott directly.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events