It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Risk Assessment

Hello everyone,

I have a question for the hive mind.  For those of you who have implemented Jira in the FDA regulated, 21 CFR Part 11, validated world, did you complete a risk assessment of the functionality/intended use/etc as part of your validation effort?  If yes, what sort of risks did you capture? 

Thanks for your help,

Chris

1 answer

Hello Chris,

Yes you need to carry our a risk assessment on Jira and your specific use of Jira.

Assuming that we are talking only about electronic records, typically the risks related to Jira are:

1) Jira bugs or misbehavior:

a. Loss of data

b. Corruption of data

c. Modification of data

2) User action:

a. Loss of data

b. Modification of data

c. Security issues

Others may be applicable depending on the exact use you make of it.

This leads you to the consideration of common controls such as backup management, access management, credentials and permissions, training and integrity checks.

If you need more info just let us know.

Matteo

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

How does your team celebrate a win?

Hi Everyone! Last Friday, myself and a couple others on my team had a last night as we successfully completed a Jira Server to Cloud Migration.  This took months of planning, testing, and commu...

123 views 8 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you