Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence template question!

Derek Rone December 17, 2021

I have a user who has a standard template, works great.  They added a variable, a drop down to the form, how users must select from the drop down, then click next to get into edit mode for the other fields.  I can't seem to find a way around it.  Any Confluence gurus care to give me some advice?  Thank you!

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2022

Pretty sure there is no work around for this.  I usually tell them on the page in a notice block if they need to go to edit mode.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Karen_Mustain December 17, 2021

Hi Derek,

I have the same issue and I have never been able to figure it out either. Sorry not much help.

David Puchosic December 17, 2021

I agree, part of how custom variables work in Templates OOB (we're Server still). You get a step in the process of creating the Page.  I've often leaned toward Page Property and Page Property Report macros, but you do loose the drop downs.  You would get into Custom Blueprints I believe or possible an add-on.

Derek Rone December 20, 2021

Thank you!  This does help me because I know if you 2 don't have a workaround, nobody has a workaround!  Much appreciated.

Like Karen_Mustain likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events