migrate reports and dashboard from server to cloud

afra_Zhao August 9, 2022

We have designed some reports and dashboard on the Jira server, how can they be migrated to the cloud and show normal

Can Migration Assistant help migrate the reports and dashboards? if not, how can I get them exported from the server and then import to the cloud? thanks. 

1 answer

1 vote
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

Hi afra_Zhao,

Unfortunately the Migration Assistant doesn't support migrate Dashboards (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/MIG-164). Useful documentation is What gets migrated with the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant.

The dashboard can only be migrated by creating it manually. 

With reports, it depends what exactly you mean - some reports are generated by Jira itself, other reports are generated from Addons. If you mean JQL filters, then you also need to create these filters manually.

Pavel

afra_Zhao August 9, 2022

Hi Pavel,

I mean the reports functions under a specific project like the below screenshot, and yes, it it filtered by JQL

Capture.PNG

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

Hi afra,

This is default Jira report - you do not need to transfer the report, it is created automatically based on the logged time.

Pavel

afra_Zhao August 15, 2022

Hi Pavel,

I am afraid not, we designed them manually, so will they migrate automatically? thanks.

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2022

Hi afra,

I'm afraid automatic migration is not possible at this time.

Pavel

afra_Zhao August 15, 2022

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for your reply, then how to manually export from the server and then import to the cloud? thanks.

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2022

After migrating to the cloud, the Dashboards and filters must be recreated manually in Jira Cloud. Generated reports such as Team - Workload are automatically available in Jira Cloud (only tickets must contain logged time). So you have to create all your other filters manually again - they cannot be transferred.

Manual migration using the "Site import" function is no longer supported by Atlassian, see here What gets migrated with the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events