Given that I was in search issue page with JQL filter
When I copy paste the Key values from Excel sheet to JQL filter,
Then excel cell image from which i copied the key value was saved in the issue as an image
Which is totally unacceptable
Hi Anvesh, here is the list of steps
1)I was in All Issues page
2) I clicked on the Advanced Search in the All issues page
3) then I clicked on the "Switch to JQL" link
4) I copied key value from an EXCEL Sheet cell
5) Clicked on the Search Text box and Pressed - Ctrl+V for pasting the value from cell
6) Hit the enter button
7) The issue is displayed in the result area
8) Then I copied another Value from the excel sheet and pasted it in the search box for searching the next issue
9) I clicked on the Enter button second time
The value that I pasted in the search textbox 2nd time, was saved as an Image Attachment in the first issue itself
This has caused me enough problems for me, as the images were automatically attached to a lot of issues.
I believe, it is similar to the issue described here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Copying-a-cell-from-Excel-into-search-pastes-an-image-into-the/qaq-p/1624411
Hope you understand
all of the written above seems to correspond with a bug listed here:
Please check if this is the case. If so, you can click on "Vote for this issue" to show you are interested in a fix, alongside with "Start watching this issue" to get updates about it's progress.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events