Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set remaining estimate as empty in effector

Alexander Lukashov July 7, 2024

Hi

I'm trying to create an effector which would nullify Remaining Estimate field, but surprisingly nothing works.

I've tried Attribute to Field effector where choose formula to set Remaining Estimate field under certain jql condition, set formula value to undefined, 0, etc... it doesn't help

Is there a way to nullify this field value with effector?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2024

Hello @Alexander Lukashov 

It should be possible. To set the Remaining Estimate field value as 0, you just need to:

1. Have the Formula column returning '0' for all issues that you want to change.
2. Have the Attribute to Issue Field effector writing the Formula column's results into the Remaining Estimate field.

If it's not happening, then we need to have a detailed look into your setup and system, and investigate what can be a possible reason here. Please submit a support ticket at our portal and we'll get back to you shortly.

Best regards,
Stepan
Tempo (the Structure app vendor)

Alexander Lukashov July 8, 2024

Hi @Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_ 

Let me clarify a little bit

The thing I'm trying to achieve can be illustrated as

if (remainingEstimage = 0) { remainigEstimate = null}

This what I mean when say "to nullify" value

Jira UI does allow me to set empty value for remainingEstimate instead of 0

But I didn't get if I can do this via the formula in effector

Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2024

Here is what you can do with the effector:
- set the Remaining estimate as 0 or
- clear the Remaining estimate value.

The first can be done if the Formula in the effector returns 0. In this case, Remaining Estimate will appear as 0h on the issue's Issue Page.

Erasing the value can be done if the Formula returns an empty value such as " ". Then, Remaining Estimate will appear as 'not specified' on the Issue Page.

If it doesn't happen for you - please submit a support request at our portal and we'll look into this matter further.

Best regards,
Stepan

Alexander Lukashov July 8, 2024

Well, this doesn't seem to work

I've used this config

effector.jpg

but regardless there are issues which match the filter it shows 0 applied

DURATION(" ") doesn't help as well since it results in 0m being set

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events