Project automation - how do i make a change in field result in different pathway through workflow

carly_noreen July 29, 2021

I am looking at the different options available under project automation, but am having trouble finding how to set the logic - if Field Change Type is set to Emergency upon creation, I want that ticket to only be able to follow a certain pathway through the overall workflow, so basically I want to be able to provide the system with the pathway so if it transitions to A then only C and D are available next, then if c or D, then F, etc.  How would I do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

@carly_noreen you can use "Conditions" on workflow,  or you can use the "If/Else block" condition on automation.

However if you want a suggestion, i can suggest to use the "JMWE" add-on.

You can create conditions with more conditions on workflow

carly_noreen September 13, 2021

thanks!!!

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

@carly_noreen 

I hope I helped you.

If this post was helpful, mark it as Accepted solutions, so you can help others who may have the same difficulties.

If your question has not been resolved, please post again with more details.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events