Priority schemes are not enabled

Shaakunthala April 17, 2018

I recently upgraded my test JIRA instance from version 7.2.8 to 7.6.4 . When I tried to access Priority Schemes from "gg" shortcut menu, it did not suggest Priority Schemes. 

Later I learned that "/secure/admin/ViewPrioritySchemes.jspa" is the URL for Priority schemes, and attempted to access Priority Schemes directly. I was able to view the page but I'm seeing this error message: "Priority schemes are not enabled". Also, it's not possible to add Priority Schemes.

Could you please help me enable Priority Schemes and understand the root cause?

Thanks,

Shaakunthala

JIRA Core version: 7.6.4

JIRA Software version: 7.6.4

Screenshot:

priority-schemes.png

2 answers

2 votes
Tzu Hau Chai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Try accessing <yourbaseURL>/secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa and take a screenshot, is there any feature flag related to priority there?

Shaakunthala April 18, 2018

Here's here's the screenshot you requested.

No mention of "priority".

Selection_176.png

Thank you,

Shaakunthala

Thorben May 4, 2018

If you add

jira.priorities.per.project.enabled

in "Enable dark feature" the problem should be solved.

Shaakunthala June 12, 2018

Yes, it worked, thank you very much!

Jackie Chen July 19, 2018

@Shaakunthala I had the same problem. The priority scheme shows up after I enabled it in the dark feature. But there is no default priority scheme in it. And the priority in existing issues becomes something like Major (not available).

Jackie Chen July 31, 2018

Just an update, the reason of missing default priority scheme is that the related database records were not created successfully. Chai has helped me to get it fixed. Basically, we have to manually create the missed records. One thing to be very careful is that to find out an available ID that has not been used, also don't break the ID sequence by avoiding use the ID that is after the current last ID. Here are some references. And always remember to backup your Database before you make any changes.

select * from fieldconfigscheme where id = 10050;
select * from configurationcontext where id = 10050;
select * from fieldconfigschemeissuetype where id = 10050;
select * from propertystring where id = 10050;
select * from propertyentry where id = 10050;
select * from fieldconfiguration where id = 10050;
select * from optionconfiguration where id = 10050 OR id = 10051 OR id = 10052 OR id = 10053 OR id = 10054;

Proceed with the insert if you have verified that the above does not return any result:

INSERT INTO fieldconfigscheme(id, configname, description, fieldid, customfield) VALUES (10050, 'Default priority scheme', 'This is default priority scheme used by all projects without any other scheme assigned', 'priority', null);
INSERT INTO configurationcontext(id, projectcategory, project, customfield, fieldconfigscheme) VALUES (10050, null, null, 'priority', 10050);
INSERT INTO fieldconfigschemeissuetype(id, issuetype, fieldconfigscheme, fieldconfiguration) VALUES (10050, null, 10050, 10050);
INSERT INTO propertystring(id, propertyvalue) VALUES (10050, 10050);
INSERT INTO propertyentry(id, entity_name, entity_id, property_key, propertytype) VALUES (10050, 'jira.properties', 1, 'jira.scheme.default.priority', 5);
INSERT INTO fieldconfiguration(id, configname, description, fieldid, customfield) VALUES (10050, 'Default configuration for priority', 'Default configuration generated by JIRA', 'priority', null);

INSERT INTO optionconfiguration(id, fieldid, optionid, fieldconfig, sequence) VALUES (10050, 'priority', 1, 10050, 1);
INSERT INTO optionconfiguration(id, fieldid, optionid, fieldconfig, sequence) VALUES (10051, 'priority', 2, 10050, 2);
INSERT INTO optionconfiguration(id, fieldid, optionid, fieldconfig, sequence) VALUES (10052, 'priority', 3, 10050, 3);
INSERT INTO optionconfiguration(id, fieldid, optionid, fieldconfig, sequence) VALUES (10053, 'priority', 4, 10050, 4);
INSERT INTO optionconfiguration(id, fieldid, optionid, fieldconfig, sequence) VALUES (10054, 'priority', 5, 10050, 5);
Adrien Pham August 8, 2018

Hi,

I found this post because I had the same problem.
Thank you because it work for me as well.

But my main problem is : why do I have to do that ? I updated from 7.4.2 to 7.11.1 and listed all the new features and realised that none of them were activated (as quick search and priority scheme).

Is that the same for you, and did you find any explanation ?

Adrien

Sebastian Harnau February 14, 2019

We just updated our jira installation from 6.2.6 through 6.4, 7.0, 7.2 to 7.13 and experienced the same problem: there was no "Default Priority Scheme". We were able to use those SQL-Inserts to provide the nessesary rows in DB, but there is no default item in the default scheme as you can see on the screenshot.

2019-02-15 08_33_10-Prioritätsschemata anzeigen - IVI Informationsverarbeitungs GmbH.png

Does anybody know where to set default priority for default priority scheme in jira database?

1 vote
Thorben April 24, 2018

Hi Shaakunthala,

I also had the same problem.

But even Jira is telling me that Priority Schemes are not enabled, I was still able to create one and associate it to projects.

Maybe this might be also a workaround for you until we know how to fix the general problem.

Suggest an answer