Pass data between EPIC and Issue

Maria Zavros July 6, 2021

When I export ISSUES (which includes an EPIC Link), how do I have values from the EPIC - e.g. EPIC Name passed into the export?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

Hi @Maria Zavros

could you please clarify a bit on your request?

I seem to have understand you export issues (such as stories) but want in the export to see the name of the Epics these stories are linked to?

The stories will hold different information (explanation taken from the linked bug report):

• Epic Name is specific to Epic issue type
  • Epic Link is used by other issue types to link to an Epic issue type

So basically:

• An Epic has Epic Name but no Epic Link
  • Other issue types can have an Epic Link but can never have an Epic Name - this is the reason why the Epic Name column is empty for non-Epic issue types

Therefore it boils down to the fact the stories online have the Epic Link set (you would need to follow the link and gather the Epic Name from there).

The easiest way would be, in my opinion, to enrich information in exported data by the actual Epic Name (taken from the Epic, visible by Epic Link).

Cheers,
Daniel

Maria Zavros July 11, 2021

Thanks Daniel - Yes I understand which fields relate to what type of Jira card.  However Given I need to export issues which hold the EPIC Link Field  / is there at all a way of  having the Other EPIC related Fields passed to the Issue export or Carf? I can do manually to merge them - but that's time consuming.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

From what I understood there is only the manual matching in, for example, a external Software like Excel.

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2021

Hi @Maria Zavros ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Please refer to this previous community post and comments for details -

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-export-quot-Epic-Name-quot-field/qaq-p/720419

Please accept the answer if it solves your query or allow others for input.

Cheers

Suvradip

Maria Zavros July 8, 2021

Sorry - No it hasnt resolved the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS